Saturday, September 20, 2008

Shibuya

So today Lidia and I skipped Saturday PE and went to Shibuya instead! We met Naoko for lunch at this Italian cafe but even the Italian food tastes like Japanese food here. Then Lidia and I went shopping, of course.
We went to this glorious boot store that was packed with every kind of boot that you can imagine. 
That is just the display on the outside, which is nothing compared to inside the store.
After we went shopping for a long time, we went and did Purikura. I'm still not very fast at it, my goal is to be pro by the time I leave, but its hard when you can't read the kanji on the screen. 
After that we got crepes. I really wish that they had the kind of crepe stands that they have in Japan, in America because they're delicious. They have like a million different combinations of ingredients too! I stick with the normal strawberry, chocolate, whipped cream, but Lidia opted for the Chicken Curry. I was actually kind of jealous, hers smelled really good. 

Then we were tired so we met back up with Naoko and had Udon for dinner. Yum. 

Shibuya on a saturday night is kind of mind blowing. The sheer amount of people is ridiculous. And when you step out onto the street everyone is going somewhere, its constantly moving. At times it's just like a sea of people. 
(On the left you can kind of see a "standing sushi bar". The food is cheaper if they don't have to buy chairs, makes sense I guess...)

The craziest thing to see, of course, is everyone crossing the huge ass cross walk in Shibuya. Here, if you look closely you can see eberyone waiting to cross.
...and as everyone is crossing.
It was a tiring day.

2 comments:

The ATK said...

SHIIIIIIIBOOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Juliko said...

Hello Sarah Bear my name is Julian Ackermann I'm from Germany. I had been to a Waldorf school in Gemrany. After I graduated I worked at the steiner school in Fujino and lived almost one year in there. I still have contact with some of my old gust families. Lately I wrote an e-mail to one of them. After that I had some nostalgic feelings. So I searched for "Fujino" with googel pictures. I didn't serached for Fujino-machi and I didn't used kanjis I just typed "fujino" (quite inefficient search). Anyway there were a lot of search results which had nothing to deal with the town only two or three pictures were made in Fujino. One of them was from your blog. VERY NICE :)
I know this blog is not up to date but I hope you will get this massage.
Many greatings from good old Germany and sorry for my broken English.