Sunday, September 14, 2008

9/11

First of all, I'm alive! Indeed, my plane did not end up being highjacked and crashing into a building. The flight was long though, and boring. I ended up having to watch Made of Honor, which I think is just kind of mean of JAL to do to me. They did however give me many warm wash cloths through out the flight, so I'll forgive them. What really made my flight was the ridiculously amazing "OPEN ON PLANE" card that Coco made me instead of finishing her mainlesson book. It was glorious to say the least, not to mention significantly embarrassing to read while sitting next to a timid Japanese couple. 
As soon as I got into the arrival lobby at the air port I knew who my host father was because Mexicans are relatively easy to spot among Japanese, I would say. And yes, not only is my host father Mexican, but his name is José. We got to know each other during the two hour car ride from Narita into Tokyo. I found them to be extremely kind and friendly. They probably found me to be gross looking, tired, and bad at conversing in any language. My fault for being able to understand Naoko's (host mom's) Japanese better than Jose's Mexican accented English. 
Later we met Lidia and had dinner. She's very nice, I think everyone will like her. 
I hadn't expected the first day to be so emotionally draining. I don't think I've ever felt so lonely. Maybe it was an excited lonely, though..? Sukoshi dake?

No comments: