Sunday, September 14, 2008

9/13

First full day in Japan! I skipped a day due to the fact that I actually lost a day on the flight because Japan is a day ahead of Honolulu. So, yes, if you are in Honolulu I do bring tidings from the future. 
First day was action packed. I woke up at around five in the morn
ing because of my jet lag until I went downstairs finally around seven and accidentally woke up my host mom. Of course, being Japanese, she instantly started making me breakfast. In eating that first breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, buttered toast, broccoli, and yogurt with
 sliced banana, I realized that I might just gain some weight while I'm here. Totally worth it though, everything I've eaten so far has been delicious. Even the McDonald's is better here. 
So after talking with Naoko for about two hours and deciding that she's super cool and basically my favorite, Lidia finally woke up and we left the house. First we walked through Mitaka and the beautiful park near their house to get to Kichijoji. Basically, this park is the shiet.

 Not only does it have cute vendors selling dresses for chihuahuas and old men playing the guitar, but it also has swan peddle boat...things! 
So we ate lunch in Kichijoji, which is this adorable shopping and dining area, and then watched the "omatsuli", and went to the kids section at the shrine to pray and gets sweets.




(this is Lidia freaking out because she wants a fan with a "hot" guy on it...)

We then shopped around a little more and actually went to HIC, which was pretty funny and greatly overpriced.
Afterwards, we went to an arcade which are by the way, way cooler in Japan than in America and I can name three reasons:
ice cream claw machines
lots of gloomy bear!
and PURIKURA!!
I would show you the Purikura, but it is lost somewhere in my huge pile of shiet, at the moment. Anyways, after that we went to a department store to buy me a bento box, thermos, and pair of chopsticks for my lunch! It was quite exciting. We ended the day out by looking all over for shaving cream for me, which apparently they don't sell in Japan. Weird. 
Overall, it was an awesome day. 

5 comments:

The ATK said...

woooooooooot. swanboats and purikura

mana said...

yaaa see those "hot" guys are the ganis guys i was talking about.. lol

mana said...

wait... wtf.... why does it say my name... this thing knows my name.
this is so weird.....

The ATK said...

mana, that's because it must be something you typed into google/aim or any of the OpenID applications before.

baby, I miss you.

Unknown said...

Hey thats where I lived! my house was right on the edge of the park. you're staying in Mitaka. thats soo cool. if no one has told you yet. kichijouji is known to be the most popular place to live by young adults in japan.
you should go to bars when you get a chance. no worries cuz they dont card.

and if you havent yet you should go to LOFT and Village Vanguard.